Product support for current Outpost users ends December 15, 2021
Please click here for more details.
You can add another mailbox to your Outpost account any time.
This article will show you how to add a new mailbox using a Gmail address you own. We're assuming that you've already started your Outpost account. If you would like to connect an Office 365 mailbox to Outpost, please click here.
Note: Outpost will import all of your email history. To ensure a smooth transition, you may want to clean up your Gmail inbox before you connect to Outpost.
Adding a mailbox with a Gmail address
- At the upper right corner of your window, click on the Profile menu:
Select Mailboxes from the drop down menu:
- Click on the plus sign [+] to add a mailbox:
- Give the mailbox a name your team will recognize. Then choose Gmail or G Suite as your email provider:
- In the Users section, select which users will have access to this mailbox. You can Select none, Select all, or click the checkboxes for individual users:
- Outpost defaults to showing the mailbox email address as the "send email as" name. If you like, you can change this to a name your recipients will recognize:
- Finally, enter a mailbox signature. This signature will appear on all messages sent from this mailbox:
Note: If a user also creates a personal email signature, then any messages they send from this mailbox will display their personal signature above the mailbox signature.
Click Connect Mailbox:
- From here, you'll be connected to Gmail and presented with a list of your existing email addresses. Select the one you want to have connected to your Outpost mailbox:
- You'll then be prompted to verify your request for the connection between Outpost and this Gmail address. Click Allow to continue:
- From this point, you'll be placed into your new Outpost mailbox, and your email history will begin importing automatically.
Note: You can use Outpost, and even log out, while your email history import is in progress.
More on mailboxes: